We want to emphasize how Manhattan's neighborhood boundaries have changed over the decades.
What we need:
Copies of Manhattan neighborhood maps or descriptions of neighborhood boundaries for the following decades: 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s, 2000s.
- Provide 2 different data sources for each decade e.g.: 2 maps, 2 descriptions, or one map & one description
- Neighborhood maps should have visible neighborhood boundaries - visible street names.
- Boundary descriptions should be similar to the following: 6th Ave to the North, X St. to the South, 18th St to the West, Ridge Ave to the East.
- It's not mandatory for the maps/descriptions to be from the same source. Information from the same source is accepted for multiple/all decades but source diversity is encouraged.
- Possible sources: Books/other official documents related to Manhattan's rich history, neighborhood related books, maps, prints, real estate related books.
You will be required to physically go...