Be one of the first group of testers to join the first Chinese company to graduate from the Y Combinatorseed accelerator. We are after an outstanding Software Test Engineer who believes testing is a collaborative activity, gets involved with testing activities throughout the entire delivery of a feature/product release. We’re looking for someone with confidence and a great attitude to ask the difficult questions about a feature.
In this role, your main responsibility is information discovery and delivery, finding problems fast and identifying areas for improvement on our product. You will carry out testing activities on assigned projects, communicate updates on progress and bugs, support establishing QA processes, discuss testing and bringing in new ideas to help improve the testing & development process.
You will be learning and collaborating with an offsite product & development team in China who are very motivated, highly skilled, top-class developers, designers, testers. As a feature team we will ensure our products gives our customers value and meets the highest quality requirements.
1. Learning about the product, understanding the design of the feature, get involved with test planning, perform test analysis and design accordingly, especially be able to design tests ideas and coverage.
2. Act as key point of contact for the assigned project.
3. Conduct quality testing on projects to agreed processes and timescales, and report bugs accurately.
4. Carry out regression testing where appropriate
5. Collaborate with the team members on a daily basis and distribute the information accordingly to all appropriate parties.
6. Support an evolving formal QA process and implement it.
7. Asking good questions, commenting on specifications, and interacting with a product in such a way that it yields information that’s useful
8. Give input, advise and suggestions about testing.
1. Passionate, dedicated tester who loves to break things and find important problems while doing their best work.
2. Highly detailed oriented and can observe situations that are unusual
3. Proactive with a strong sense of prioritization and ability to empathize with users
4. Relentless in getting things done and following through on issues you’ve identified
5. Must be able to work independently and manage own workload
6. Fluent English and written communication skills.
7. Ability to prioritize and excel in a fast-paced, constantly shifting environment
8. Keen to express and share ideas and committed to the ‘inspect and adapt’ principle
- Work experience in an IT company, and professional experience in testing
- Web and Mobile testing experience
- UX testing experience and skills
- Automation experience - Web/Mobile automation
- Fluent in Chinese is a plus
- Living in the Philippines a definite plus