Website Development Brief
Develop a forum website where doctors can interact with themselves and the public.
• Site layout will be a traditional forum layout with two distinct discussion areas- Doctors and Public.
• When a user visits the site he is able to interact by signing up if he’s a new user or signing in if existing.
• The sign-up page will offer two form options. One for the public and another for doctors.
• Public sign up form will be a standard sign up form with Name, Email, Password and Security question. An anti-spam or human verification security filter will be added to ensure sign-ups are credible and access will be granted only when use clicks a confirmation mail sent to his email after sign-up.
• Doctors sign up will have the standard form element mentioned above with the addition of License/ practicing number, Place of employment and specialty. These information will be verified from a database of Doctors before allowing access to the Doctors area of the site.
• To save time and costs, the site will be built using a template. The template will then be edited and customized for the specific purpose of this project.
• Specific categories, menu options and functions will be specified.
• There will be a section on the site accessible to the Doctors only, this is the Academic journals section. Links will be provided to relevant academic journals, which will be placed in this section for onward linking to the article/ material source. The links will open in a new window to allow users continue work on the forum uninterrupted.
• The site will have ad spaces on the top, sides and bottom; with an easy interface to manage and upload the ads. Ad plugin should be dynamic, showing ads in cycles for the leader board or header image and footer categories.
• Application side security will be required to ensure the site is secure and not prone to attacks.
• Observations and recommendations can be made by the contractor on the project direction as well.