Looking for an experienced back end or database developer for a brief one week project. You will work with a team of engineering experts from India for this project. The project includes various components, outlined below. We have specifications available for applicants to review upon request.
Pretend you are going on a trip, and you want to know, what is the average cost of a hotel in that city for those days you're traveling?
Basic requirements for solution:
- a user selects whether they desire a hotel, a flight or a rental car.
- if a user selects hotel, they specify star level (3, 3.5, 4, 5), city and check-in check out date. System tells the average price of hotel for that query.
- if a user selects flight, they specify the dates, to/from cities, and coach or business class. System tells the average price of flight for that query.
-if a user selects rental car, they specify the size of vehicle (economy, compact, midsize, suv) and the rental dates. System tells the average price of rental car for that query.
Prices do not include taxes and fees. Prices are in USD. This job will require API integration. The candidate will need to research travel API sources such as this website; http://www.olery.com/blog/the-best-travel-apis-discover-contribute/. The candidate can use Google Places API; https://developers.google.com/places/. The candidate must also show a calendar as part of UI.
The candidate is responsible for informing the project manager for any costs required for API integration (if any) and regularly update the project manager on milestone completion timelines.
UI/UX is not important in this project. The back-end technology will be used with a UI/UX that is developed separately. Simple entry forms should be used to test and demo the application.
Our previous applications have been built using the below framework and languages:
- Web: Angular JS
- Backend: Python (Django), Cassandra, Postgre SQL, Redis, AWS (EC2 RDS, SES, S3)
- Experience owning, shipping, and iterating on web products that have reached a large amount of users.
- Experience with GIT, continuous integration, code minifications etc. is beneficial