We require PS script which will produce CSS HTML and CSV report of installed programs and running services and stopped services in Auto mode on remote computers.
In brief how we expect the script does the following:
1. Execute the script
2. Enter credentials on the prompt (domain and user name)
3. Check connectivity to servers in servers.txt file. Report an issue on the screen if the script is not able to connect to the server. Not available server names have to be added into Error log.
4. Connect to remote servers. Server names or ip will be pulled out from servers.txt file
5. Get the list of all running services and services in Auto Start mode with the current status Stopped
6. Get the list of all programs installed. Updates and Security patches should be excluded.
7. Progress bar starts. The progress bar should continue running even if there are some unavailable servers on the list.
8. On completion, the script will produce CSS HTML or CSV report per each server and Log file.
For example, if we run the script against 10 servers I would expect 10 reports and one log file.
The log file would contain a number of servers processed and server names where script failed.
CSS HTML report would have the following Heading info:
Installed Programs and Running services
Date report has been generated.
Installed programs wth the list of programs under.
List would have the following columns for services:
Name, DisplayName, Start Mode, Status, Computer name
Columns for installed programs:
DisplayName, Publisher, Computer Name
9. Report has to be named by Servername_Report.html or Servname_Report.csv
10. Report will be saved to specified directory
Script should be compatible with PS2 and higher
Attached is an example of similar but not the same script.
WE WOULD NOT ACCEPT THE SCRIPT IF IT IS BASED ON GET-WMI ... COMMANDS