I'm a freelance marketing strategist who is helping one of my own Upwork clients with a link building campaign. I'm looking for someone competent who can help me execute part of it.
If you don't know anything about PR or SEO, that's fine -- I'm willing to train if you're willing to learn. That said, I'd be happy to pay a higher rate to someone who's done link building before, or at least knows some of the vocabulary.
I already have a writer creating some content. The bulk of your responsibilities would include:
- Researching publications, editors, journalists, and bloggers
- Writing emails to people to see if they'd be interested in covering my client's company/story (so, getting things like interviews)
- Writing emails to people to see if they'd be interested in publishing our articles (aka getting guest post opportunities)
- Keeping up all of those correspondences
- Keeping track of all this stuff in Excel/Google Sheets
- Misc. other stuff
I'd like to hire multiple freelancers for a PAID one hour test job. If you do a good job on that, you'll be referred to my client who will hire you through their own account. You'd still be working directly under me, but you'll be paid by them.
The client is more or less a tech startup, so bonus points if you're familiar with that world and the publications who write about that space.
While the test job would be around 1 hour, the final job would be for around 3-4 hours/week for around a month and a half to start (and opportunity for this to go on much longer).
I'm using my own money to pay for these test jobs because I want to screen applicants myself (rather than let my client choose someone I may not like). If I choose to work with you, you'd still likely have to be interviewed by my client (mostly as a formality) before taking on the main job so I'd want to prep you for that.
I'm looking to hire as soon as possible!