Our food community-based ecommerce marketplace startup is seeking a Media Relations Professional to play an integral role in public/media relations, corporate communications, and, longer-term, content creation for our company. We're based in NYC and our business is launching this fall.
Since we’re a startup, we’re attempting a lean and mean PR strategy before launch, targeting the activities that will have the highest ROI. Post launch, when the business is bringing in revenue, we can expand the role as needed. This is a job that will certainly grow as the business scales.
Our company’s founder is a well-known food community influencer and our goal is to build on the pre-launch momentum that her company has received from her social media accounts.
• Connect with influential media outlets and journalists to place stories about company news and other initiatives.
• Create content to grow the company’s footprint (press releases, corporate announcements, and potentially other creative content).
• Assist with event planning, including working with vendors, event coordinators, and design teams for on-site collateral.
• Collaborate with our founder, and digital strategy team to craft and pitch press releases and thought leadership columns.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience.
• Past experience in public relations, corporate communications, content marketing, or relationship management.
• Skilled in creating, editing, and promoting written and visual content.
• The ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment.
Ideal candidate will have experience pitching, crafting, and placing content externally through guest blogging or op-ed development and experience with event management and sponsorships.