I have a website running on Prestashop 22.214.171.124. Most of my links were indexed by search engines and it appears on web searches.
Last week, I installed a URL re-write module from a developer to remove product ID’s from URLs for making it search engine friendly. It did rewrite the links as promised and removed product ID from all the product links, Pages, CMS, Category etc and it customized the URLs to shorten it.
Now the challenge is if someone clicks on my old URL, suppose it should be redirected to my new URL, (I have a URL redirect module from another developer as well) Instead, it's going to my home page. Although my browser address bar shows the old Page link and meta.
I also noticed that when I create my Sitemap using default Prestashop "Google Sitemap Module" it still creates the URLs with product IDs.
Both the developers are pointing fingers on each other and nothing is done so far.
Because of wrong landing pages, Google suspended my Merchant accounts. I'm not using any...