The primary function of this role is to work in close collaboration with the Creative Director, founders and head of product development to research, design and develop all over and placement prints for upcoming Desmond & Dempsey collections.
Project length: 8 months (with a view to extend)
- Produce innovative all over prints that relate to the seasonal briefs, collection and brand aesthetics.
- Initiate research for upcoming collections in collaboration with the Creative Director.
- Design printed artwork for upcoming Desmond & Dempsey collections
- Liaise with suppliers and Head of Product Development to ensure all print technical information and design requirements are met.
- Rework prints for use across website, packaging.
Essential experience and skills required:
- Desmond & Dempsey Hand Paint their prints, therefore illustration and painting experience is essential.
- Educated to degree level with a minimum 2.1 degree in Textile, Graphic Design, illustration or related subject OR possess equivalent practical industry experience.
- Advanced user of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and Microsoft Office suite
- Proven experience developing printed artwork and all over repeats for fashion.
- Awareness of print trends within current luxury womenswear and menswear market.
- Able to work simultaneously on multiple design projects.
- Capable of designing to brief.
- Ability to think creatively
- Excellent illustration / painting skills
- Self motivated and self starting - this is a startup environment and applicants must be comfortable working with less structure than typical.
- Excellent communication skills; able to liaise effectively and build relationships
- Adept planning, prioritising and organising working to strict deadlines and often quick turnaround times
- Good listener and comfortable to contribute and put forward additional ideas.
About Desmond & Dempsey
Desmond & Dempsey is a young home lifestyle brand that launched in September 2014 selling predominantly online. Since then we have grown rapidly and significantly scaled our commerce offering. Since expanding to retail, we are now stocked in Fortnum & Mason, Fenwick Bond Street and Bergdorf Goodman. Our prints are all hand painted in-house and inspired by different escapes.