One of Upwork’s largest Enterprise clients currently needs subcontractors for the role of a German Bilingual Data Specialist. You will be adding to, editing and merging data in a large database of international topics. Your focus will be on a variety of categories including popular culture and media. You will use a variety of online tools for data entry and analysis, including quality assurance for word-level translations (German to English, English to German).
This project requires freelancer candidates who can commit to 40 hours/week availability. You can manage your time at your convenience and work in your timezone.
As a Bilingual Data Specialist your responsibilities are:
Add to, edit and merge data based on instructions that will be provided
Analyze multiple information sources to resolve factual discrepancies
Engage in online discussion with colleagues on best practices
Ensure quality of data in the database
University degree or equivalent. In lieu of a degree, 4 years of experience working with English and German languages in a business environment will suffice
Native in German
Highly proficient in reading and writing English and German
Proficient in English to German and German to English translation at the word/character level
Advanced internet research skills
2 years of relevant experience in business or translation in German and English
Degree in a technical field
Quick learner with creative problem-solving and analytical skills
Candidates must complete the following test:
Upwork US or UK English Basic Skill Test
Please answer the following questions on your cover letter and attach a CV:
1. Please re-confirm your level of English - Basic, Conversational, Fluent, or Native/Mother tongue
2. If Native/Mother tongue, please specify whether English is the language you learned at birth or if it was a secondary language you learned
3. Please re-confirm your level of German - Basic, Conversational, Fluent or Native/Mother tongue
4. If Native/Mother tongue please specify whether German is the language you learned at birth or if it was a secondary language you learned.
5. How many hours are you available weekly?
6. What are your other regular weekly commitments for work and/or school and how much time do those commitments take?
7. If you have other projects at Upwork; how many are currently active and is there a due date for the ones that are active?
8. After reading the description how long do you see yourself in this kind of assignment? Less than 3 months, 3-6 months, 6-12 months, or more than 12 months?
9. In what country and time zone will you be working?
10. What is your email address (the one you use the most)?
The selection and screening process requires potential candidates to undergo a series of online evaluations to gauge their fit for the freelancer position. Upon successful completion of the evaluation exercises and interviews with us, an offer will be made.
Please make sure you answer the questions above, attach a CV and take the necessary Upwork test so your application won't be marked as spam, or be declined
The oDesk to Upwork story:
Our story begins with two leading pioneers in online work: Elance and oDesk. Each had created thriving global communities with separate paths to success. In 2014 we realized that we could do more together and merged to form Elance-oDesk, combining ideas, technology and resources.
As we formed a shared vision, we saw that our impact would be even greater if we focused on building one great workplace. With the oDesk platform as the foundation, we kept the best of both legacies and added new innovations. In 2015 we re-launched the company as Upwork, representing a renewed vision and commitment to creating the world’s best online workplace – for existing and future customers alike.
CREATING OPPORTUNITY AND FREEDOM
Today, Upwork is the premier platform for top companies to hire and work with the world’s most talented independent professionals. We’re creating a world of unmatched talent and opportunity, where global teammates who are thousands of miles apart can work together seamlessly.