Hello! We are an online store featuring products for black women and children and we are searching for a part-time PR/ Social Media Assistant to assist us in building awareness of our brand. Our goal is to increase social media follower growth and visitors to our website.
WHO YOU ARE:
- Understand Black/ African-American culture, specifically black parents and/or black women with natural hair
- Fluent in English and preferably either located in the US or very familiar with US culture
- Familiar with Instagram and Facebook. YouTube and Twitter would be a plus.
- Strong written and verbal skills, excellent English and experience in this area.
Your primary duties will include:
- Manage our online presence by posting content and curated images across our social media platforms
- Responding to comments across our social media platforms
- Identify high profile publications and influencers/bloggers and collate influencer details for outreach campaigns
- Build and maintain a database of key influencers in our niche
- Create media pitches and pitch to target bloggers, journalists, publications and websites
In your application please provide:
1. At least 1 example of a social media account you have managed/assisted with before.
2. 3 examples of Instagram accounts that have more than 50K followers, are female, and in the market of black natural hair lovers or black children
Applications without this will not be considered.
The number of hours per week may vary but will likely begin with 6 with the potential to increase if we are pleased with your work.
Applicants we like will be interviewed by phone.
Thanks, we look forward to hearing from you!