I am looking for an expert in chemical safety within the Petroleum sector. I would prefer is you are located near Abu Dhabi.
The job is to develop and submit an abstract for a technical paper for the ADIPEC 2016 (Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference) on behalf of Envirofluid Australia.
If your abstract is chosen by the conference organisers we then want you to prepare and submit the full paper and attend the event in November to speak on our behalf.
You can research the company in full at Envirofluid.com and a detailed briefing will be given to the chosen applicant.
Here are some brief details about the company and its products:
Envirofluid is an Australian manufacturer of worksafe and environmentally friendly chemical products. The company's mission is help businesses remove all unnecessary toxic and/or dangerous from workplaces by providing safer alternative products.
Their product range includes worksafe and environmentally friendly alternatives for cleaners, degreasers, detergents, solvent, additives and other industrial chemicals. They have won multiple awards for their work in both safety and environmental areas including from the United Nations.
They currently supply into the energy sector with a range of product that include safe chemical substitutes for:
- Maintenance solvents
- Oil spill cleanup
- Enhanced oil extraction surfactants
- Washdown and cleaning degreasers
- Wastewater treatment
- Scale removers
- Dust suppression
All of Envirofluid's products are designed to replace the more toxic or dangerous products currently in use. They do this, for the most part, without any compromise on performance. In addition many of their products actually outperform the toxic / dangerous chemicals they replace.
Achieving the company's mission requires educating business, academics and advisors around a number of key themes:
- Total cost concepts (cost saving through better safety and environmental practice)
- Work Health Safety responsibilities, particularly regarding safe chemical substitution
- The real risks associated with using toxic / dangerous products (e.g. certain classes of solvents)
- The growing scope of new safe / eco-friendly products. Many current chemical products are still in use simply because the industry is resistant to change and/or doesn't know about the safer alternatives.
- Brand image and PR factors related to environmental and health outcomes
- New and novel ways to use low hazard chemicals (e.g. non DG solvents that can be transported easily and used in hazardous environments)
The call for papers PDF is attached.
Your task will be to first receive a brief from us about the company and products in more detail. You will then propose a number of potential topics for the paper based on the Conference themes (see PDF).
All going will this can become an ongoing relationship. We are looking for someone in the region we can partner for these types of tasks.