Looking for Canada based sourcing specialist
Hours: 25 hrs per week
Term: 3 to 6 months
Location: Attendance at Office in Toronto required
This individual will coordinate, identify and implement outsourcing opportunities to support the procurement of alternate delivery goods and/or services, in a manner that promotes competition, ensures compliance and maintains corporate integrity that results in obtaining the best value for the corporation and its partners. The Strategic Sourcing Specialist will also be responsible and accountable for establishing and ensuring that all users adhere to corporate policy when obtaining new services or continuing current services beyond the term of a contract, in a manner that promotes competition, ensures compliance with all applicable laws and policies, and maintains corporate integrity, resulting in best value with minimal risk for the Corporation and its stakeholders.
Job responsibilities include:
- Work closely with users, Legal Counsels on both new and existing contracts, developing draft agreements, negotiating changes to contract terms and conditions, obtaining quotes for single source vendors, ensuring proper approvals for sourcing, and ensuring compliance with internal and other relevant regulations.
- Responsible for sourcing, tendering goods and services, vendor inquiries, and contract development/ management.
- Develop and ensure that all competitive procurement documents such as Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Tenders (RFT) and Request for Pre-Qualification (RFPQ) are complete, capture stakeholder and user requirements, include corporate legal terms and conditions and applicable regulatory requirements. Set priorities; ensure timely completion of tasks within area of responsibility.
- Assist in the management and facilitation of the competitive procurement process and resulting negotiations to ensure best practices are followed, all required technical and financial evaluations are complete, and corporate approval procedures, including executive approval if required, and all compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Maintain auditable documentation for all competitive procurements. Facilitate all required communications with vendors throughout the procurement process.
- Complete contract final scope of work with internal clients, vendor and required legal counsel.
- Assist in contract negotiations for all contracts in consultation with corporate legal counsel, risk and insurance manager, tax managers, end users and vendors.
- Responsible for drafting technical documents in accordance with corporate policy and procedures, reports, contract extensions, sourcing exemptions, and Executive Approval memos. To initiate and maintain timeline communication through meetings, flow charts etc.
- Five (5) years’ experience in procurement, contract negotiations and management, senior purchasing or equivalent;
- Knowledge of Contract Management life cycle, creating and screening of Statements of Work and appendices to contracts;
- Demonstrated ability to lead/work in cross functional and cross jurisdictional teams;
- Experience in developing and facilitating Request for Information (RFI), Request for Quotation (RFQ), Request for Proposal (RFP), Request for Tenders (RFT) and Request for Pre-Qualification, (RFPQ) and negotiating and preparing contracts and agreements in an advertising, marketing and communications environment;
- Ability to interpret and implement corporate policy in all corporate purchases.
- Experience in Outsourcing procurement engagements and contract management an asset.
- Strong analytical, negotiation and research skills;
- Excellent verbal, written, communication and interpersonal skills supported with an ability to deal effectively with all levels of management, staff and external vendors;
- Sound judgment and decision making skills; and,
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Please include weekly salary expectations in your message