We are developing the prototype of a platform to help leverage the power of Bitcoin (and the kindness of People) to aid refugees.
Think of it as a kickstarter for refugees (hence the "Hopestarter" name).
Refugees will download an android app that will serve as their bitcoin wallet and through which they will manage their profile and status updates. Here is the flowchart to get a grip:
Donors will see refugee profiles and their status updates on a web app, and be able to directly donate bitcoins to them.
Your job is to complete the prototype phase REST API (using Django Rest Framework) and Web app with embedded maps (based on GeoDjango framework) that potential donors will use.
Much is done already, check our repo in Github here: https://github.com/hopestarter/hopestarterapp
Staging where most of existing code is deployed, here:
What is left to be done by you:
On the API side:
1) Receive and store the refugee profile data, including name, surname, nationality and bitcoin address
2) Receive and store the coordinates of refugee status updates
3) Provide the status updates of a refugee or all refugees to web app. This includes refugee profile info (name, surname, nationality, bitcoin address, link to photo profile), the link to the status update photo, text they have entered with the photo, coordinates of status update.
On the front end:
1) Replace maps with Google maps
2) Place a pin on the map for each refugee status update that is displayed on the web app. If they are many aggregate them, using google maps functionality, as shown in this example: https://googlemaps.github.io/js-marker-clusterer/examples/simple_example.html?compiled
3) Create the simple HTML template for the "refugee profile page" (https://projects.invisionapp.com/share/9J53QHI2E#/screens/117811483). Our designer will apply the design on that
4) Implement the "Donate to refugee" button that shows the QR code of their bitcoin address
More technical details can be provided by our API dev who has implemented the project so far.