Looking for a qualified data analyst to go through raw property data in Australia:
- Median prices, price movements and momentum per suburb last 18 years (houses and units)
- Demographics data per suburb
- Interest rate movements : http://www.loansense.com.au/historical-rates.html
Full list of variables:
Distance from CBD
Separate data for all houses, 3 br houses, all units, 2 br units
Asking property price Median
Asking property price Change on prev week
Asking property price Rolling month % change
Asking property price Rolling quarter % change
Asking property price 12 month % change
Asking property price 3 year % change
Rental asking price Median
Rental asking price Change on prev week
Rental asking price Rolling month % change
Rental asking price Rolling quarter % change
Rental asking price 12 month % change
Rental asking price 3 year % change
Vacancy rate (Red number)
Couples without children (%) (2011)
Couples with children (%) (2011)
One parent familes (%) (2011)
Other families (%) (2011)
Weekly family income (2001)
Weekly family income (2006)
Weekly Family Income (2011)
Median mortgage repayments (2011)
Median Rent (2011)
Separate house % (2011)
Semi-detatched % (2011)
Flat, unit, apartment % (2011)
% Owned outright (2011)
% Owned with mortgage (2011)
% Renters (2011)
1 bedroom (2011)
2 bedroom (2011)
3 bedroom (2011)
4 bedrooms (2011)
Median number of cars (2011)
Identify trends using different mathematical regressions and correlations and determine the highest capital growth areas and potentials.
What will be provided:
- Spreadsheet with raw data (outputs above
- What suburb can I invest into today (houses and separately units) that will achieve the strongest growth within the next 10 years?
- What suburbs are the safest blue-chip investment areas (house and units)
- What type of property should I buy in those suburbs (1br, 2 br etc)?
- What variables most impact property price movements?
- Affordability vs mortgage repayments
- ROI / yield per suburb (rental yield)
- All other useful data / analysis
- Formulate spreadsheet into a more readable and easy to understand document
- Conduct a series of trend analyses and determine what the best drivers of 'capital growth are'.
- Provide easy to access graphs and data to support conclusions
- The output needs to be able to automatically change if raw data is updated.
Project is a highly autonomous one and we are looking for a fast turnaround.
- All basic skills and mathematical knowledge needed for a project like this
- Deep intuition and understanding of property
- Love of numbers and deep data diving.
- Ability to create reports for an end user making investment decisions with clear explanations of theory (short-hand - no long essays) and proofs.
- Understanding of investor sentiment and 'herd mentality' and price momentum
The outputs need to be understandable for any layman.
Please provide samples of data / projects you have done in the past and a methodology you would use. After this project we have a much more in depth analysis within suburbs that may be available depending on successful completion of this one.