Dear freelancer; details of my project are below:
Aim: Assess degree to which memory recall is greater in pictorial group vs word mnemonic and textual based (control) group
My research aimed to look at the effects of pictorial learning vs word mnemonics and textual based (control) information. For this I had students randomised assigned to one of these 3 groups. Prior to learning information, a pretest was done. After this, each group was given information to learn. After this, recall test 1 was given to all students in the groups (same test). All this was done in Session 1. The students came back 1 week later and performed the same recall test – Test 2 (without re-learning). Students came back 3 weeks later and again the same recall test was given – Test 3 (without re-learning), so that only recall of information was measured. At session 1 I asked the students to write their age, year of study (phase), previous degree status and learning style preference.
Points were awarded to the correct key points they could recall from the conditions. At every test, a satisfaction questionnaire was given (5 point Likert scale) – 1 being strongly disagree, 5 being strongly agree to check for qualitative factors.
For the project, I had 56 people participate in the project. However some students (18) came just for test 1, or came to test 1 and 3 but not 2, or test 1 and 2 but not 3. Should these results be included. I thought that they should not be included but I don’t know if this is correct or not.
I have generated an excel spreadsheet with all the information. I would like the following to be done.
- Apply correct statistical tests to work out if pictorial group better at memory recall and retention compared to word mnemonic and to control group, and be able to graph this out with means and standard deviation, or any other useful measurements
- Note the difference within groups between test 1 and test 2, and test 2 and test 3, and then compare between groups, and graph this out
- Graph the various responses from the Likert scale from the 3 groups and compare them – to discuss if need to show mean and standard deviation?
- Note any interesting correlations; such as
o Males/Females better at word/picture mnemonics that picture/word mnemonics
o Ages that gave the best scores, in and between groups
o If previous degree status affects scores in and between groups
o Learning style preference and how that would affect the scoring in the groups they were in. Did people would said they were read/write score higher in word mnemonic group vs those who said they were visual in the same group. Same logic to be applied to the other groups
- For all of these to note if statistically significant or not
I would appreciate any help,