I am currently seeking a senior engineer who is able to develop our trading strategies on Quantopian and Numerai.
We will pay $25 per hour and we require a dedication of 20 hours a week into our projects for the first year, which will be contract work and project-based only . However, to ensure our interests are aligned, we are willing to share some of the profit with the chosen candidate to ensure IP stays with EquitySoft and to acquire a long-term commitment to EquitySoft. During the first year, i.e. now, our budget is CAD $850 per algorithm (both budget and experience will be considered for the position). After the first year, this individual is preferred to be able to commit more time to EquitySoft, and we can re-negotiate compensation then.
We expect that the candidate be working at another firm currently already (or in the process of studying for a Masters Degree), and treats this position as a part-time position for the first year, and transition into a more fuller time position in the long run.
Each of our algorithms MUST be completed within 2-3 weeks - hence we need someone who is experienced and knowledgeable.
Our requirements are as follows:
- be based in lower mainland BC Canada (e.g. Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond, Downtown Vancouver)
- be able to legally work in Canada
- know how to code Python and C++
- have or in the process of completing a Masters Degree in Finance OR Masters Degree in Financial Engineering OR Masters Degree in Computer Science coupled with experience in investment firms or CFA
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO THOSE WHO HAVE:
- prior experience in developing trading algorithms
- prior professional experience at a registered investment firm or financial institution
Please let me know if you are interested.