Roles & Responsibilities:
- System installation, configuration, troubleshooting, performance analysis, tuning, upgrading, patch maintenance, license management, system backup administration, user account/environment administration, implementing and maintaining system security postures, fiber attached storage partitioning and presentations, documentation
- Assist with hardware/software installations
- Follow standard processes, plan effectively to complete tasks on schedule, and clearly document processes and results
- Participate in a rotating 24x7 on-call operational support role
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Information Systems or another relevant technical degree. An equivalent 4 years of experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Self-motivated, have an understanding of RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and High Performance (HP) Linux operating systems, RHEL HA (high availability) Cluster management, RedHat Satellite Server (RHSS), RedHat Enterprise Virtualization (RHEV), HP and Dell Blade server chassis management.
- Understanding of networking/zoning to include VLAN/VSAN setup, RHEL and SELINUX security lockdown and configuration, and strong Storage Area Network (SAN) administration skills.
- One of the following certifications: A+, Network+, Linux+, Security+, CCNA, or MCDST.