We are looking for a strong lead developer and part-time architect to join an agile team that is striving now to develop a cutting-edge global business contact and business-networking solution. This will be a global cloud-hosted solution that will incorporate web services and a Web UI, deploy to numerous regions and availability zones, and integrates with consumer phones and tablets. The team will be utilizing the latest RESTful designs, DJango, and cloud hosted technologies. The ideal candidate needs to be a strong hands-on developer that has led teams to develop and deploy mission critical global solutions that are performant, robust, easy to manage and monitor, utilize automated deployment scripting, and secure.
Critical background and skills needs:
- Strong experience working in agile environments (like Scrum, XP, or Kanban) and exposure Test-Driven development concepts
- Strong Python experience with some exposure to Django development
- Experience developing and deploying missions critical web-based (website and/or web services) solutions to serve global customers in multiple regions regardless of the technology platform
- Experience developing and deploying applications into cloud platforms (like AWS, Azure, or Digital Ocean)
- Experience developing and deploying cross-region CRON and other worker processes that have need retry, centralized logging and centralized alerting
- Experience designing, and profiling/testing applications for performance and durability utilizing industry tools
- Experience instrumenting solutions to support world class production readiness that provide for alerts, monitoring, assertions, logging levels, etc.
- Experience using deploy and configurations management tools (like Salt, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef,)
- Experience with web facing security and interface hardening
- Experience leading development of web services interface and some understanding of RESTful design and JSON/XML structures
- Strong data modelling and query optimization skills that includes relational databases (like Oracle, DB2, MySQL, or PostGres) and some exposure to NoSQL design, concepts and technologies (e.g. Mongo, Dynamo, or Cassandra).
Nice-to-haves (not required but would be nice to know which have depth):
- Django depth and understanding of Django libraries and third party tools
- Experience with AWS provisioning and AWS service offerings
- Load balancing and fail-over systems design
- Experience implementing Web sockets interfaces
- Integration with native android and IOS devices
- Experience with GIT
- Experience with Web UI design