Our business is attempting to identify swimming pools in the United States through satellite imagery. We believe GEOBIA applied to high-res imagery and manipulated by a GIS expert using eCognition or similar software, can successfully identify swimming pools with a relatively high degree of accuracy (>90%).
The first round of this project will be open to several candidates. The requirement is to deliver a proof on concept which accomplishes the following:
• Locate pools within the provided residential image with an accuracy of greater than 90% using object-based image analysis software and methods that can be reproduced at scale
• Determine the lat/long coordinates for each pool and export them to a spreadsheet.
• Demonstrate a knowledge of sourcing low cost, high quality remote sensed imagery for MSAs (urban core > 50,000) within the United States
• Outline necessary costs to source images, purchase software and locate pools for these MSAs
• Deliver a one page report explaining your methods, discussing the requirements listed above and remotely present to our team
The deadline for your work is 2 weeks after you accept the project. All candidates who successfully achieve the above will be paid $500. We’ll then select one individual to move forward with the project to identify pools nationwide. The payment for this project will be agreed upon ahead of time, using your provided outline as a guide. We’ll then create a new Upwork listing specifically for your assignment.