I need someone to research the history of the development of the bionic eye, the current state of the trials and research, and the future directions of research, and put together a 15 minute presentation in apple keynote with major text and pictures / videos.
Audience: about 100 health care workers from the eye industry, including ophthalmologists, nurses, students. Mainly targeting for the ophthalmologists.
-Aim of the talk is for eye doctors to e able to have a brief discussion with
○ Colleagues, about the current availability, quality and capabilities of the bionic eyes in trials, and how these implants work.
- second take home message is what are some of the new ideas that are currently being developed, and how far away these technologies are estimated to be.
2 aspects I would like to present:
1. Treating pathology; restoring blindness
2. Augmentation of normal eyesight- brave new world
a. e.g. Google glasses:
i. ?Failed concept
ii. Predicted in back to the future
History of the development of the bionic eye
- Major leaps
Specifics on the scientific information required
- Major research groups working on the bionic eye in the world (must include Melbourne research group, Australia Guymer et.al
- Focus on
○ Current resolution of images provided by the implants
○ How it works
○ Look for images / videos showing recent results
○ What types of conditions is it the most effective in
○ What is the minimum anatomical requirement for the current technology to work
- Future directions currently in development
- Magic transitions
- 15 mins presentation
- Prefer lots of pictures, some short videos.
- My presentation style: I like to use major trigger phrases / words and then speak off the cuff, perhaps with the aid of some presenter notes. I would like to be informative, but keep things interesting
- For interest, would like to add some examples of bionic eyes from Sci-Fi pop culture,
I feel it would be best to have several short Skype video meeting to help shape the presentation, and more clearly communicate my needs.
I need this done by Saturday the 22nd of Feb