KKT International is a medical technology company focused on the development of medical devices, information technologies, and clinical protocols for the treatment of chronic pain. KKT has leveraged its intellectual property to create a leading global network of pain treatment centers focused on the most advanced treatments of chronic pain from orthopedic conditions of the spine, back, neck, joints, nerves, headaches, and arthritis.
Founded in Vancouver, Canada in 1999, KKT oversees 24 KKT pain treatment centers in 11 countries. KKT owns 25+ patents and 20+ trademarks granted or pending globally.
The KKT Treatment Platform uses sound waves to relieve pain by improving spinal alignment of the back, shoulders and pelvis, while enhancing the health of the spinal discs, ligaments and muscles. The KKT medical device has been approved by numerous international regulatory agencies, including the US FDA (Cleared), Health Canada and European Commission.
KKT has safely provided over 350,000 treatments to alleviate the chronic pain of our patients.
KKT wants to validate the efficacy of their medical technology and clinical protocols through clinical research studies.
Project description - A medical device has been developed for delivering a highly controlled repetitive impulse to patients. Early studies on patient outcomes have been published in peer reviewed journals, however, the partner would like to have much more significant results and more detailed outcomes measured. The objective, is to:
- develop a study protocol with proper controls and patient matching;
- obtain ethics approval for the study
- determine appropriate sample sizes
- collect and analyze data on self-reported pain, pelvis height and shoulder height
- prepare a paper for publication
Research objectives / sub-objectives
• Determine the relationship between each of the KKT treatment and the control treatment in change in self-reported lower back and or neck pain, shoulder height and pelvis height.
• Determine whether there is a statistically significant difference between the outcomes of KKT treatment and control treatment.
Expertise and Skills Needed (for each project)
• Experience in setting up clinical trials, including obtaining ethics approval, sample size selection, and patient matching.
(Please see attached scope of work)