My client is considering replacing the traditional performance review with a coaching methodology. I need help pulling together some compelling data and case studies that support why it would be a good move. I'm particularly interested:
- getting rid of labels and grades by focusing more on the conversation and people development
- separating salary increases and conversations from performance feedback
- idea of managers embracing the role of "coach"
A few sample questions:
1) What are examples of big companies doing it?
2) What related market trends exist for mid-sized companies?
3) What success have they had? What obstacles have they encountered in the change away from performance reviews?
Ideally, I'd like a simple PPT of ~6 slides presenting the highpoints, with a word doc of supporting detail to have behind it just in case.