Currently we receive data from the RETS system on a daily basis via TXT file. We download that TXT file, edit the files contents, change it to a CSV, upload the file to a website where it is altered, download the altered CSV file from that website, edit the newly downloaded file again, then upload it to another website. ... We wish to automate this process.
1) TXT file will come from RETS and go directly to a webserver/website/database (exact solution can be discussed with programmer). ... Solution
1) TXT file will come from RETS and go directly to a webserver/website/database (exact solution can be discussed with programmer). A sample TXT file called rets.txt is attached.
2) TXT file will be converted to CSV file.
3) For each line in the CSV file:
• a) Assessor Number will be input in the search field here: http://mcassessor.maricopa.gov/
• b) In the search results, the “Owner” field will be scraped
• c) In the search results, in the address field, if any value appears between the street suffix and city name, it will be assumed it is a unit number, and will be scraped as the Address 2.
4) CSV file will be edited to match the template lexis.jpg, a sample of which is attached.
5) For all lines, the scraped Owner field will be input into the CSV file in columns C, D and E as appropriate.
6) CSV file is then uploaded to Lexis Nexis.