The role of this position is to manage staff and projects while partnering with corporate development and design teams to provide architectural expertise regarding new restaurant construction and ongoing renovations.
• Provide strategic direction for the design department to help advance the organization to its potential.
• Generate and develop overall design concepts for new restaurants and store remodels in partnership with executive team and construction teams.
• Execute and manage contracts for all construction vendors during new restaurant construction and remodels, including contract development and review of submittals
• Procure design elements for all projects, to include but not limited to:
o Working with outside vendors to create stained glass and lighting designs for new construction or remodels
o Working with design team and design shop staff to create designs for specialty and unique items such as doors, hostess desks, and custom architectural pieces
o Creating lighting designs for new construction
• Maintain awareness of trends and improvements in techniques and technology that are relevant to the company.
• Analyze current restaurant designs and make recommendations to improve the customer experience while maintaining essential brand identity.
• Collaborate with vendors to create interior and exterior designs and negotiate procurement details.
• Manage interior design process of projects from start to finish while ensuring construction is consistent with objectives, budgets, and time constraints.
• Work with construction team to review and make recommendations regarding building codes specific to restaurant jurisdictions.
• Create floor plans and furniture layouts to maximize efficiency for new construction and remodels.
• Develop, monitor, and maintain the design budget.
• Travel to new restaurants to oversee and contribute to successful installation, including determining and making necessary adjustments within a timely manner.
• Travel to existing restaurants and provide recommendations regarding décor items for remodel evaluations and installations.
Skills or Experience:
• 4-year degree in interior design, architecture or related field preferred.
• 3-5 years of experience providing commercial design expertise in restaurant settings preferred.
• Knowledge of design process with ability to move a project from schematic conceptual analysis to construction documentation.
• Working knowledge of one or more of the following required: Auto Cad, Revit, Sketch Up, and In Design.
• Ability to create construction documents and review for detail and accuracy, including full understanding of lighting criteria and building codes.
• Must be a self-starter who is able to balance working independently with working collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, and execute projects with a keen attention to detail and ability to conceptualize the big picture.
• Demonstrated ability to communicate proactively and professionally with clients, vendors, and colleagues in written and verbal forms.
• Ability to travel locally and nationally (10-15%). Valid driver’s license and vehicle ownership preferred.
Position requires, at times, continuous sitting and at other times continuous walking, standing, stooping, bending with intermittent climbing, squatting and occasional crawling. Also requires intermittent phone work, keyboarding, and use of office machines. May occasionally be required to life or carry objects weighing up to 25-50 pounds. Requires concentration and, at times, working in noisy construction environments.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, flexible spending plan, life insurance, long-term disability insurance, 401(k), vacation, sick time, and holiday pay, discount on Verizon cell phone service, on-site chair-side massage, discounted meals while on duty, and more.
Apply Online at http://www.osf.com/corporate-positions/
*OSF International, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer