Our company want to use raspberry pi and the camera module to carry out survey (video recording with schedule). Previously, our company used dash cam and powerbank for video recording. But now, we need something with bit more features so I can record in a smaller file size and also have 7-day schedule of time recording.
We need someone to develop a software interface which is similar to a dash cam to be used in raspberry pi. It is something similar to this
However, we only have plan for one carmera and no gps. The touch screen will be replaced by a field monitor via the analogy video output on pi. The software interface will need a GUI as per the example for settings and playback.
I guess the setting would be very basic or similar to the above example but I need few extra features:
- a selection to record on usb flash drive via usb port
- calender schedule to control time of recording (start time and end time)
- choices of recording on multiple days. eg individual day (Mon - Sun) or combination of various day
- choice of resolution (1080p 720p WVGA)
- choice of frame rate (15, 30)
- H264 format (or smaller)
Planning to use Rasbian for OS. Please let me know if there is other preference.
The outcome would be as follows:
-instruction for the software installation
-some supports for get it up an running
As you may know, I know very little on the Raspberry pi. Please feel free to let me know if there is better hardware or software to use.