The project is to design and develop the frontend for a small, working Ruby on Rails application which is not in use yet. Previous experience with Rails (specifically knowing how the templating system/asset pipeline work) is highly advantageous but not needed. Essentially, we need someone to redesign some fairly awful prototype screens made hastily by a backend developer (hence the need for UI/UX experience) and write the markup/CSS to make the app look great.
The app is essentially a survey application. The app has two parts. There is a user-facing survey section which has very few unique screens, 4 at the most. There is also a much more varied administrator section with approximately 12 screens for administering users, inviting users to surveys, reviewing answers and seeing some basic visuals (e.g. graphs/stats) about the user base. You would be free to choose and use a theme for Bootstrap/Foundation. Most of the administrator section is straightforward table/text type information screens, data entry screens and only one or two screens with visual components (charts, gauges, etc.).
Some points to note:
1. The spec will be supplied as a combination of wireframes, embarrassing screenshots of the prototype screens, examples of sites we like and some creativity on your side to turn abstract requirements into reality.
2. We’re not looking for anything crazy or complicated - this should be a straightforward project. A polished, simple, flat design with a focus on UX and code quality would do great.
3. Availability of previous work (actual code) for evaluation would be a big advantage.
4. The target audience is corporate desktop users using a wide variety of browsers.
6. Clean, standards compliant code is essential. We need someone who doesn’t use deprecated tags/attributes, overly complex markup (e.g. 30 divs for a simple table) or over-use crutches like !important.
7. Responsive design required.
8. Mobile first design would be great but can be considered out of scope unless it can be delivered incidentally (i.e. without much extra effort).
Please find an example of an admin theme that we liked below https://themeforest.net/item/matmix-components-mix-bootstrap-admin-template/12099504?ref=cirvitis
We would be happy to purchase this theme or any other. The theme is designed to be indicative of the style language we would like and you are not limited to using this theme.