Mission for Sales Consultant
To provide sales strategy and outbound and inbound sales processes for Best Delegate, an education company seeking to increase enrollment of its Model United Nations Institute summer program by 35% for the sales season from December 2016 - July 2017. Primary consulting should occur between October 1 - December 15 with seven followup calls monthly through July.
1. Analyzes current sales team strengths and weaknesses, current sales data, and current sales processes and tools in order to provide suggestions for sales team improvement in order to reach revenue goals.
2. Provide a framework or process for how the sales team should conduct outbound sales for both students/parents who sign up retail as well as schools/institutions who sign up groups of students. This framework should include recommendations on: prospecting leads, qualifying leads, creating dynamic proposals, presenting products to parents/teachers/administrators, and closing sales.
3. Provide training to the sales team on how to improve the conversion rate of the current sales playbook and pitch for both outbound sales and inbound leads via phone and email.
4. Conduct followup calls using data analytics or coaching using observations of sales calls to help improve the sales team’s implementation of the sales consultant’s recommendations.
● Sales Expertise: Expertise in outbound and inbound sales processes for both retail and institutional sales.
● Education Industry or Summer Programs Industry Expertise: knowledge of and relationships with private schools, school districts, charter school networks, summer programs grantgiving organizations, and/or parent networks.
● Analytical: Can provide datadriven recommendations on how to improve our sales.
● Mentoringoriented: Can provide professional development to the Sales Director including readings, resources, and case studies to improve company sales.
● Organization: plans, organizes, and schedules in a productive and efficient manner.
● Bring out the Best: You put in your best effort to produce worldclass results.
● Open to Feedback: You are open to constructive feedback to improve your work.
● Professionalism: You communicate and work in a responsible and professional manner.
How to Apply
Prospective applicants for the Sales Consultant role should email the Sales Director, Laurabeth Goldsmith, at email@example.com to schedule an initial call to better understand the sales team’s current sales process and pain points.
Applicants should submit the required documents below to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1.
● A list of potential recommendations for Best Delegate based on the proven process and pain points identified;
● A statement explaining your experience in inbound and outbound sales, any special qualifications you have in the education and/or summer programs industry, and relationships that you have with educational institutions;
● A proposed schedule of mentoring including a summary of content and resources to be covered;
● A proposed budget;
● And examples of work and references.