This is to give you a general idea of what we would like the process to look like in Salesforce, if you have any input we are open to suggestions. The first item below is already completed in salesforce.
1. The Lead- The phone rings, it is a customer calling our office wanting our services. Our secretary answers the call and creates a new lead in Salesforce. She fills out the fields in the form and creates the lead and assigns it to a salesperson. She also creates an "event" on the salesperson's calander. The event is for the salesperson to physically examine the customer's problem and determine if we have a solution for them.
1. If we don't have a solution, the lead dies or becomes an "inactive lead"
2. If we have a solution, the lead is converted to an "account" and an "opportunity" is also created. The default starting status of the opportunity is "awaiting proposal".
2. For now, we will email the customer a proposal outside of salesforce via Outlook, once the proposal is emailed, we manually will change the status of the opportunity to "proposal sent". We now will wait for the customer to accept or decline the proposal.
1. If they decline the proposal, the opportunity dies. Can the opportunity be made "inactive"?
2. If they accept the proposal, the customer will call our office and give half payment deposit to our secretary (payment is taken with quickbooks, but eventually we would like to do it with salesforce). When deposit is received, we also will schedule an "event" with our installation team to complete the job. The status of the opportunity is changed to "job scheduled".
3. The deposit has been received and the job is scheduled on the installation calendar and assigned to our installer. The installer will go to perform the job on the day it is scheduled, utilizing the notes, pictures, etc. found in salesforce that were placed there by the salesperson.
1. If the scheduled job is completed with no changes, the installer will change the status from "job scheduled" to "job completed".
2. If there are changes, the installer will change "job completed" to "job completed with changes" or if the job was not completed they will change it to "incomplete installation" or "incomplete job"
4. Completed Job- Once the job is completed, the secretary will see this in Salesforce and call the customer to collect the remaining money that is owed (initially, when we scheduled, we only collected a deposit). If we receive full payment from the customer, "completed job" status will be changed to "Paid in Full"
Other things we also want from Salesforce
[ ] Can we have all the event calendars properly sink with outlook?
[ ] Able to easily have installation crew access jobs and input notes, mark them complete, etc. through Salesforce1 using a force.com account.
[ ] Flow to be clean, neat and easy for everyone to use.
[ ] We need to add an address field to the opportunity, we would like the address from the lead convert over to an available address field inside the opportunity. This address can also be copied over to the address
[ ] During lead creation, Salesforce needs to check to see if there is an "account" with the same information. A feature to check for duplicates.
[ ] We want our technicians who do the work be able to complete fields/questions within the job, such as "Were there any changes to the work order?" etc.