We have a real challenge in uploading and displaying our sales data.
Here's the background. We are a food manufacturing company who sell through multiple channels ....
* Directly to retail stores (who our sales team visit/call) and
* To the end user via website.
As a result we have sales data coming from 3 sources which overlap and are not directly correlated with the 3 channels above:
1) (ACTUAL SALES) Our web based Inventory/Manufacturing software - We use Dear Systems which syncs with Xero so require this data to be uploaded to SF. Relatively straight forward.
2) (PROJECTED SALES) Our Sales Pipeline in Salesforce.
3) (DISTRIBUTOR/RESELLER SALES) Excel Reports from Distributors - We receive weekly/monthly reports from our distributors about sales they have made to our retail customers. This includes products sold and value of their sales to their retail customers who are represented as 'accounts' in our database (but whom we don't sell DIRECTLY to)
#3 above is my real challenge here because while they ARE sales to our customer that we need to record in SF to monitor purchase history, they are not OUR sales as they have gone through a distributor. Hence, if we were to assign it to that account directly in SF, we would be duplicating sales data as the distributor sales have also been recorded via #1 above. Complex!!
So, here is what we require:
1. Link our current software (Dear Systems / Xero) via and API
2. Create Excel database/macro which combines the reports from different distributors and produces a unified reports ready to upload to SF.
3. Clean up database i.e. ensure continuation of customer name is consistent across all data sources to ensure accuracy of information.
4. The creation of custom 'Sales data' fields which can be uploaded to via the above Excel database, represented in reports/dashboard, and also inserted into the 'account' with the following data:
* Account Names (key data point for uploading)
* Monthly Sales Value
* Products Sold
* Units Sold
With the right candidate this could possibly extend into additional customisation of Salesforce in the future.