We need a Windows Application created to allow Users to mount and dismount SAMBA/CIFS shares, which we'll refer to as workspaces.
The Application should do the following:
- Add Remote Samba/CIFS Server System by IP or Netbios name (01 - remote server.png)
- After double clicking the added System, the User can connect to Remote Server by typing an account name in a Username text box, and a password in the Password text box (this data should be allowed to be stored)
- When the connection is successful, workspaces the specified User has have been given access to are listed in the Workspaces list.
- User can double click or right-click a workspace or workspaces and the Samba share will be mapped to the next available Windows drive letter(s). (02 - workspace manager.png)
- The User should also be able to double click the workspace to dismount/unmap the workspace.
The Remote Samba/CIFS Server Systems will be linux based running SMB/CIFS Server 4.1.6.