You’ll work within a close-knit team of talented developers, designers and data analysts. Our team has developed an exciting API to integrate with third party database software used by our existing clients. We are also developing an innovative new web application with a mobile app to follow soon.
We are great at rapid application development to the prototype stage. Now we need help to implement and, where possible, automate the testing and QA processes that will help us produce robust, scalable client-ready solutions. We're a strong, nimble, flexible body and your work will be the skeleton that allows us to start running.
If you join Rare you will go to sleep at night with a full heart, and you will wake up each morning and actually feel excited about coming in to work.
We can’t wait to meet you.
- 2+ years commercial experience of white and black-box manual testing (essential).
- Experience working with test management tools and the Atlassian software suite (esp. JIRA and Bamboo) (essential).
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment (TDD, BDD, Scrum) (essential)
- Experience of testing across mobile and web applications (essential)
- Previous exposure to performance and automation tools e.g. Selenium, Cucumber, Behat, Jmeter, SoapUI, etc. (preferred)
- Familiarity with PHP, Python and front-end web technologies (preferred)
- Good knowledge of relational databases and PostgreSQL (preferred)
- Person Specification
- Understand Rare’s social purpose and share our values.
- Love learning and often end up teaching yourself about interesting subjects.
- Be flexible – you will be working on multiple projects for multiple clients at the same time.
- Be highly conscientious and have high personal standards of integrity and organisation.
- Be commercial and focused on delivering results.
- Be tough and resilient and develop robust test plans that allow our software to be the same.
- Be comfortable talking to people from a range of ethnic and social backgrounds, and of all genders.
- Be collaborative in your approach and focus on the team’s goals as much as personal ones.
- Take feedback well.
ABOUT RARE RECRUITMENT
Valued. Fulfilled. Family. Fun. Friends. Inspired. Energised. Expectant. Excited. Proud. Contented. Eager. Happy.
We asked people how they feel about working here. That’s what they said. Now let us tell you why.
We’re changing the world.
We’re changing who companies hire and how they hire them. We’re helping people to be better and we’re helping organisations to be smarter, to look not just at someone’s achievements, but to look at the context in which those achievements occurred. We’re helping businesses, and governments, and as many professions as we can, to look more like the communities and the countries that they serve.
And now we need your help.
When we started, we were tiny. There was one bloke, in the corner of someone else’s office, with an idea, a telephone, and some tenacity. Now there are nearly fifty of us, and we are the best in the world at what we do. We want you to come and make us even better.
We would love you to come and work in our office but we are also very open to working with all you talented digital nomads and remote workers. Please let us know which works best for you in your application. We are based in Clerkenwell, London. There are lots of marvellous eateries and places to go for a walk near us and interesting arty things happening. It’s a great area. Our office isn’t bad too – there is always fresh fruit, and other food treats from people who have been hired and chosen to thank us through the universal language of chocolate.
Oh, and WE HAVE A ROOF TERRACE AND A BARBEQUE. Yup.
We’d like you to start immediately please, and to work on a permanent basis, Monday to Friday 9-5.30 (BST).
To apply, please send your CV and a one-page cover letter outlining why you want to join Rare, why you want to do the job, and why you think you would be good at it. Also, to show us that you're on the same page, please tell us what kind of food you would cook on our office barbecue!
Please include your availability and your salary expectations too.