Looking for a .NET developer (VB.net or C#) with experience developing interfaces to/from serial port devices to build a desktop solution that listens to a bar code scanner (via serial port) and sends SOAP requests to a predefined web service API based on the bar codes that are scanned.
There are 3 components to be developed:
1. A windows service that listens to the COM port and makes SOAP calls
2. A windows system tray application that reports real-time status of the windows service in part 1.
3. An MSI installer that gracefully installs, reinstalls, upgrades, or downgrades the 2 components above in unattended mode
Platform is Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. No database required.
The successful developer will receive a complete requirements document.
Developer is expected to develop the above components, unit test them.
A code review will then be conducted. Our QA team will then run integration tests and provide feedback to the developer. Final code changes can then be made and unit tested.
Final Deliveries include:
- The Visual Studio solution package (source code and assemblies)
- Compiled versions of the above 3 components
Aug 20, 2016 - Application makes a simple successful SOAP call to the Web Service API
Sep 10, 2016 - Application ready for integration testing
Sep 20, 2016 - Submit final deliverables