We are seeking talented Virtual CIOs who will be responsible for providing CIO services to an assigned set of customers. The ideal candidates have leadership skills, excellent communication skills, and a strong business acumen. Please note: this position is a Virtual CIO role providing high level strategic consulting services to our larger customers area.
* Develop IT Strategy by learning about the client’s business and advising the client on the technologies that can best support their business objectives.
* Perform risk analysis by helping clients pinpoint risks associated with technology options.
* Analyze all factors to determine that the technology options under consideration are fully aligned with strategic, compliance (HIPPA, FISMA etc.) and operational objectives.
* Conduct technology research and selection by strategically choosing from the multiple technologies that can be implemented for a particular project, guiding clients to select the best option for their business problem.
* Perform technology cost analysis in determining the true value of a technology investment (capital expenses, operating expenses, etc) and outline the return on investment and the total cost of ownership.
* Provide formal planning and budgeting for clients.
* Manage technology-related vendors such as internet service providers, copy and print vendors, line of business application vendors and other service providers.
* Manage all aspects of vendor selection/management such as the request for information process, RFP (request for proposal) creation, price negotiation, vendor selection, contract management, implementation management.
* Run complex projects from design and development to production.
* Manage day-to-day IT operations.
* Ability to serve as the Virtual CIO to SMB businesses and provide high level strategic consulting to clients.
* Excellent communication (verbal and written), interpersonal, business management, time management, and developmental skills.
* Skilled at resolving problems and conflicting situations.
* Strong business acumen and leadership/mentoring skills.
* PMI/PMP certification preferred.
* ITIL certification preferred.
* 4 + Years of IT Infrastructure/Network Project Management experience.
* 7 + Years of hands on experience supporting and managing Windows based systems such as Active Directory, Exchange, SBS etc.
* 3 + Years of hands on experience supporting and managing virtual technologies such as VMWare, Microsoft Virtual Server, XenServers.
* 4 + Years of experience with network technologies like firewalls, routers, switches, IPS/IDS etc.
* 4 + Years of experience with Storage Area Network (SAN) with EMC, Equallogic, HP, Dell etc.
* Knowledge and experience in cross-functional project management methods and managing cross functional teams.
* Ability to provide level 3 support as needed to the team.