Requirement - Based in Southampton,UK
Main Purpose of Role
This role’s primary purpose is to design, review, and guide the development of integration services. In addition, this role is expected to deliver (build, test and deploy) proof of concepts or critical/high-complexity services. This is a key role within the (SIS) to drive the delivery of high quality artefacts that provide agility & sustainability within Specsavers.
Describe in more detail the key tasks, responsibilities and accountabilities. This shouldn't be a list of duties but key activities that are performed regularly.
§ Responsible for the consistent and coherent integration design based on the SIS standards and principles
§ Assures the integrity of an integration implementation against the Specification provided by the SIS Center of Excellence.
§ Support the SIS Service designers, developers and testers during various stages of the service lifecycle.
§ Support service consumers to understand the design
§ Monitors and spot checks the build assurance and quality assurance processes to ensure the SIS Delivery team or other delivery teams and their suppliers are delivering artefacts which conform to the approved standards, patterns, strategies and through the appropriate governance mechanisms. Manages issues and escalations & any resultant remedial actions.
§ Responsible for the implementation and unit testing based on service design and the SIS standards and principles
§ Support service testers during the testing phase
Skills and Experience
Outline the essential and desirable skills and experience required for the role in order to successfully perform. Consider the level they need to be operating at and use wording to describe this ie. aware, familiar, proficient, expert.
· Expert practical development and deployment experience of at least 5 years in the Oracle Middleware platform (v11G or later) space.
· Proficient with software engineering life-cycle and technology stack, including databases, middleware, continuous integration etc.
· Proficient in effective application of enterprise integration patterns and models in a medium to large global organisation.
· Proficient with infrastructure concepts (servers, networks, cloud).
· Proficient with information security concepts.
· Familiar in building and delivering against cross-functional programme and project plans.
· Familiar in managing outsourced development teams (near and off shore).
· Familiar in managing stakeholders and team leading.
· Demonstrates relevant experience in major system transformations.
· Proficient with other integration platform (e.g. RedHat Fuse, Pentaho PDI).
· Familiar with Java development.
· Familiar with web development platforms (e.g. Drupal, Sharepoint, Oracle WebCenter etc)