Social Media Marketing and Community Manager
Ongoing social media management role for dynamic start up youth education challenger brands.
If we were playing ‘Guess Who’ – would this describe you?
You want to let your skills loose in an industry that’s helping shape young lives; to affect change from the inside out. As a digital marketer, you’ve done your time in agency and are ready to fly solo.
You’re passionate about extracting the essence of a youthful brand and shouting it from the rooftops. With the gamut of multi-channel marketing campaigns under your belt, you recognise the value in old-school channels but digital is your leading edge. You work strategically with insight, valuing metrics and measurement, and have evolved well beyond last-click attribution.
You craft beautifully integrated digital marketing campaigns of paid, earned and owned channels. You have the momentum to explore the potential of the digital landscape through a wide-angle lens.
Ready to wear your many hats, you inhabit an adaptable and versatile skillset. You thrive in the dynamic and demanding environment of an SME, you’ll get your hands dirty and your gusto from seeing big ideas take shape.
You wrap your mettle around curating an emotional connection to a brand and value the heartstrings as much as the purse strings. Looking to become part of a team of young, smart and playful people, you want to collectively cause disruption in the education sector.
About the role:
We are looking for a Social Media guru! You are highly strategic, brimming with creative ideas, and can write compelling content that is on Brand. You enjoy the execution of the strategy and marketing campaigns as much as the planning. You live and breathe social media and are abreast of the changing nature of social across all channels. You are insights and results focussed and go the extra mile for your clients.
What we need you to do:
We need you to develop a highly sophisticated digital strategy, assist with content writing and planning, and assist with the execution of all content and campaigns throughout the year. You will report on results and massage campaigns and content based on insights and results.
Specifically you will:
• Assist the Marketing Director building a powerful, relevant and valuable online brands
• Work alongside the Marketing Director to develop and implement marketing communication plans.
• Shape the voice, tone and personality of our brands.
• Work through the line from strategising across all mediums to seminars and grassroots events, online advertising and content marketing.
• Manage the day-to-day social channels and consistently engage the community.
• Curate and write content across print and digital platforms.
• Provide and present evaluation reports on campaign effectiveness with insight to improve results
Qualifications and Experience:
• 3+ years of digital marketing experience.
• Digitally savvy, hungry to stay ahead of the technology curve.
• Experience in reporting on the ROI of marketing campaigns.
• Degree in marketing communications or business commerce preferred however, experience on the ground and demonstrated deftness is persuasive.
• Social Media Management, experience blogging and managing brand communities on Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest.Working knowledge of web analytics and social media tools such as Google Analytics, Sprout Social and Hootsuite.
• Excellent command of the English language with outstanding writing and communication skills.
• Digital Agency Experience
• Research (competitors, industry and trend watching)
• Content curating and writing
• Content planning
• Hootsuite or Sprout Community Management
• Google Analytics
• SEO & SEM
• Marketing automation experience with drip feed and customer nurturing campaigns.
• Email Marketing Experience
• Promotional Marketing Experience
• EDM Design and Development
• Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud is valuable – particularly Photoshop, InDesign and Illustrator.
• Basic Video Editing Experience
• HTML & CSS
• Salesforce or similar CRM platform experience.
• Campaign and project management skills.
What Success Looks Like:
We are a results focussed company. We are looking to build our community, attract highly qualified leads and be the significant market leader in our industry sector. We are looking to bring our Marketing spend down and invest more in developing content that will add real value to our customers.
• Competitive compensation based on proven experience.
• Be an extended part of our team building something sensational in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Create impact with speed to market without the corporate red-tape sign offs.
- You are flexible, adaptable and have capacity to take on a big piece of work for a minimum of 6-12 months
- You have a portfolio of proven results
- You are loyal, trustworthy and have a can do attitude