We are a small, Brooklyn-based media company focused on delivering high-quality Brooklyn and Brooklyn real estate relevant content to our audience. We are looking for a determined, detail-oriented individual who can help us deliver the best experience to our audience by performing manual and usability tests designed to find bugs in our WordPress-based website.
You will run through a list of user stories/functional tests and document your findings based on expected results of the story/test. We need an individual who is able to run regression tests on the various parts of our site - as new features and fixes are added, you will need to verify these updates and taking them into account in any future tests that relate to the update.
An ideal candidate will be able to comprehend the full scope of our website to develop applicable and comprehensive testing procedures, and provide clear and concise feedback on bugs, usability and other test findings/results. This is a long-term, ongoing position and we are looking for an applicant who can become an expert in the current and future workings of our site.
- Fluency in English (both written and verbal)
- Ability to run comprehensive test flows based on basic user stories (i.e. “A user should be able to log in”)
- Ability to clearly communicate bugs within the software, using concise writing, screenshots and screencasts as needed
- Experience of Cross Browser testing, including testing a responsive website across device types
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proven experience with QA
- Find and verify development issues on staging and production sites
- Manual cross-browser & device testing
- Provide detailed feedback on cause and effect of bugs and errors in a given test situation
- Run through user test flows and raise found defects in bug management system (we use Zendesk)
In order to apply to this position, please provide the following:
- Your current workflow / strategy (in bullet points) when you test a website/user story. For example, review original website Photoshop file, compare it to developers work, test links, forms, etc.
- How you would test the search and user account creation functionality of a website/application
- A description of your general approach to regression testing