We build a VPN networking application for Windows. We’re looking for software-testing experts to help find stress-related bugs such as memory leaks or crashes.
Our goal: increase the quality of our app. We already have various automated and manual functional tests. However, we haven’t done much stress-testing yet, so there’s probably a class of bugs that we haven’t found yet that only reproduce in certain stressful situations (ie: lots of user actions over time, when a machine is low on resources, unusual network environments, etc.).
For example, you might find bugs related to:
- memory leaks
- network leaks (ie: the VPN tunnel being circumvented)
- performance problems (ie: DNS lookups becoming slow)
Your deliverables: Bug-reports. Be creative and try to find high-impact bugs. Try to provide data such as repro-steps and debug-logs to make them actionable for developers.
We will provide:
1) Release and debug builds of our app
2) Instructions for collecting debug logs when you encounter bugs
We will NOT provide source-code. Please do black-box testing.
1) Let’s start with a block of 10 hours. Show us what bugs you find, then we decide whether to continue. We might hire several contractors to work independently in parallel.
2) If we work together well, this can become a long-term project where you help test various future versions of our apps, potentially also on other operating systems.
Thank you for your time, we look forward to seeing your bid!