Position: Software Tester
Main Purpose : Perform various levels of software testing, including smoke testing, functional testing, non-functional testing, integration testing, regression testing...etc. Work with Software QA Team and developers to troubleshoot applications and report defects and provide input into testing activities and system defects.
Responsibilities and Roles:
1. Perform System Testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet design specifications.
2. Perform Functionality Testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to ensure they meet business requirements through performing end to end business scenario tests.
3. Perform Regression Testing of new applications and existing software enhancements to identify any possible impacts caused by changes.
4. Recording of test results.
5. Assist in the maintenance and management of manual and automated scripts & test databases.
6. Contribute in conjunction with other members of the team to ensure all software errors are identified and corrected.
7. Write SQL queries for retrieval of required data using TOAD, SQL Plus or any other tool.
8. Ensure all aspects of work meet company quality standards and client expectations with guidance from Test Management.
9. Assist in the analysis of design specifications in order to produce comprehensive test scripts and scenarios for expected results to be performed manually and using automated testing tools.
10. Testing fixes required for reported faults, including tests for possible impacts from changes.
11. Assist in the estimation of software testing days required and software testing resources required for tasks.
12. Update test cases based on the discovered defects.
13. Ensure tasks prioritized effectively and testing tasks delivered on time.
14. Identify incorrect programming work.
15. Writing, generating and reviewing software test cases, bugs and scenarios.
16. Create and use test scripts for automated functional and data-driven testing.
Skills and Abilities:
1. Knowledge of software testing principles, testing processes and methodologies.
2. A good understanding of the software development process.
3. Experience with automated test tools, including Microsoft Test Manager.
4. Demonstrable accuracy and attention to detail.
5. Good writing skills (for writing scenarios, test cases, bugs and for documenting test process).
6. Good communications skills.
7. Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
8. Ability to work productively as part of an integrated team.
9. Possession of excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
Educations and Experience:
1. Computer science degree
2. I have 1 year of experience as a software tester performing smoke testing and functional testing in the software development life cycle.