Informational, Lead Generation and eCommerce Websites
Develare is a fun and flexible company looking for a team player with fluency in English to fill a position as Quality Assurance Analyst. An excellent team player is needed to work with a distributed team of Designers, Developers, Business Analysts and Project Managers.
As the QA Analyst, you would be working virtually with flexible hours and chatting with team members throughout the day. You’ll be finding bugs, writing those bugs up, taking screenshots, short videos and generally doing everything you can to squash those pesky bugs.
You would be responsible for understanding the functional requirements of the website, writing test design specifications, manually testing software using multiple test methodologies, participating in the automation process, and continuously looking for ways to improve the QA process. Your skills will help us deliver better service and more value for the customer with every project.
Develare is a small company with loyal clients that has been quickly growing in both capabilities and revenue over the last five years. As a part of that small business team spirit, we all try to help each other out. Your role as QA Analyst will have some Project Management duties and some Business Analyst duties.
We cherish our employees and contractors. This is an opportunity for a self-starting individual with a strong software testing background to make an immediate impact producing agile, data-driven test designs covering web and mobile UIs with an opportunity to grow into a QA leadership role.
This is a part-time to full-time position. If you feel like this position is a good fit for you, we encourage you to apply!
● Ability to review client bug reports, feature requests and requirements.
● Work closely with team to create test plans, test cases, and test procedures.
● Help to improve our testing procedures with your expert recommendations.
● Track and monitor testing processes and efficiency.
● Collaborate with and direct internal teams.
● When appropriate, communicate with the client through Basecamp.
● Help us to estimate the effort required to complete client requests.
● Participate in daily team meetings via Skype and HipChat.
● Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or comparable work experience.
● Two or more years of software quality assurance experience.
● Two or more years of business analysis, software technical support analysis or comparable work experience is a plus.
● Proficient to Fluent English speaker is a must.
● Good interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
● Keen attention to detail.
● Deadline and results oriented.
● Strong time management, planning and organizational skills.
● Able to keep up with multiple projects and competing deadlines.
● Loves problem solving.
● Exposure to automated test script development using scripting languages.
● Basic experience with databases and a general understanding of SQL and queries.
● Basic experience with WordPress and web technologies.
● Basic experience with Basecamp, Teamwork or similar Project Management tools.
● Experience with Skype, HipChat, Slack or similar chat services.
● Knowledge of automated testing tools like Selenium, Ghost Inspector, etc...
● Knowledge of Agile Software Development processes a plus.
● Available for work during core office hours for candidate’s region.
● Desktop or laptop computer able to perform tasks for role.