We manage website chat systems for many websites (i.e. we chat with their visitors). We use WordPress to show our customers the chats we've done with their visitors. These are stored as "chat" custom post type in WordPress, and displayed to the appropriate customers using S2 member "custom capabilities" (the customer's chat posts have custom caps. ## and the customer's account has matching custom caps. ## so they only see those posts).
In short, both our team at HelpFlow and our customers i.e. for whom we do website chat service access the WP platform.
We are looking for an experience WordPress developer who can:
- Work with us on building additional features; big or small and resolve issues / bugs that are identified from time to time.
- The GOAL is to make the platform more efficient and effective for the chat agents as well as the customers.
- Examples of simple features include, identifying a way to convert FAQs (created as Posts in WP) from “Published” to “Drafts” in case a certain set of FAQs are not needed to show in the platform anymore. Similarly, doing periodic backups of WP database and files and folders is another example.
- Some of the complex / Big features will include automatic “bulk tagging” of chats in the WP platform for customers. We will be sharing more details as we get into the conversation.
Here are requirements for you:
- We will discuss what's been built so far and give you full access to understand it all, incl. discussions with our developer via call and Slack.com discussions.
- VOICE SKYPE CALL REQUIRED - We work with many overseas developers, so it's ok if your English is not perfect. But we must be able to communicate via voice Skype call throughout project.
- You will be given full access to server, WordPress code, etc. Our customers also use the platform, so we'll backup the files and database before you start.
- We’ll determine a schedule (outside or within US, PST hours) of when you’ll be online to discuss status / questions etc keep the communication going and to ensure consistent progress.
- **You should be reliable and fast to respond to Slacks and emails etc since communication is the key to work successfully in a virtual team. We have worked with a LOT of virtual team members and are willing to pay a little extra for someone that will take the time to understand the goal and factors, and then reach the goal of the project themselves.
- S2 member experience is preferred but not required.
We would be hiring you because you're an expert - we expect you to work that way without asking us questions you should be able to figure out yourself ; ) We are a growing company and if you can prove to be a reliable team member, there’s a lot of scope for growth and a long term opportunity to get to the Project Management level.
In your reply, please
- Start your reply with "Yes I definitely read the whole post"
- Explain specific relevant experience you have for this project.
We will review all applicants and reach out to schedule Skype interview with final applicants. Once awarded the project, access provided, and project details are all shared, we would need you to start immediately.