I'm developing a Rails-based site for online Tai Chi tuition. I'm happy doing most of the development but the Spree side of things is giving me a headache. I need an extension or simply a core hack for Spree which:
- Limits some products to one per user, ever
- Allows me to toggle in the admin UI which products are like this (some will be physical products)
- Toggles an arbitrary ownership user property after checkout (for integration with the site proper)
- Ideally this could be packaged up an an extension.
- Essentially, building an abstract "access" product tied to a user account as opposed to a physical product.
I'd note I'm not sure if I can afford this or not but am looking for quotes on what this kind of work would cost me or how hard/simple this is. Feels like a simple job for someone who knows Spree well, but appreciate it might be a lot more complex!