I had a previous project which was to create an app for ordering drinks at a bar from you phone and track the progress of the order as the bar staff progress through receiving, making and having the drinks order ready.
This project never got completed due to a developer who began demanding more money, etc. As a result, the project was not completed and in the process some data and development was lost. Mainly the backend website components.
I already have an Android APK which I am hoping could be reverse engineered to rebuild the database and backend components.
I need some small changes and downsizes to the system which would make it much easier to develop and complete. The original APP included a payment system for paying for the order which I have decided to now remove, as well as reduce the functionality in some other areas slightly too.
I am also changing the target functions for the APP away from bars / nightclubs towards cafes.
I need a website based backend built consisting of around 8 pages. I have already designed these pages, they just need building and functionality. The APP also has a set of designs including the minor changes.
Features and use:
- Users can find the cafe from a list and add cafes to a FAVOURITES list.
- Once a cafe has been found / selected from the favourites list the app displays the menu from that cafe including prices.
- Users then create an order by adding and subtracting items from the list.
- When order is complete, the order is sent to the cafe for processing.
When the Cafe receives the order it automatically appears on the Cafe's order list. This would be done by an AJAX function on a website page.
- Cafe then opens the order and presses the IN PROGRESS button. This sends a notification to the person who placed the order with a status update.
- Cafe completes making the order and clicks the ORDER READY button. This sends a notification to the user with a status update.
- Once the user arrives at the cafe and collects their order the cafe then click COMPLETED on the cafes order list and the order is hidden from the order list and moved to the cafe's order history list.
The cafe also have access to a page that allows them to update their menu items and pricing. This is a simple list that has all menu items and price where you can add new items. The cafe also have access to an order history list which summarises the past orders and gives a total of the value of all orders. There is also a page that allows cafes to change their password for their account. This will be required when a new cafe is added to the system with a default password. Once a new cafe is added, they can access the system and change this password.
There would also be a requirement that would allow a super-admin to access a list of all cafes and enable / disable / create new ones. Once a cafe has been added to the system, a cafe can be enabled or disabled depending on whether they are paying their subscription or not. If a cafe is disabled the following happens:
- When cafes log in to their accounts they are redirected to a simple page explaining they have not paid their subscription and the service has been suspended. This does not delete any of their data.
- When users open the app, the cafe is still in the list of all cafes and is still in the list of favourite cafes (if they have it added as a favourite) but is greyed out and can not be selected.
When a cafe has been deleted, it still stores all data and nothing is deleted. The cafe will be told the account doesn't exist if they try to login. For users, the cafe no longer shows up in the list of cafes or favourites. But the super-admin can simply enable the cafe at any time using the same ENABLE button. This then restores the cafe's access to all past data and allows users to see the cafe in the full list and in their favourites list if it was previously there.
The system is somewhat simple in functionality and design. Alot of the work has been completed. I simply need some work redone and the system put back together.
I will have a web hosting service available for development at the time the job begins. I have also attached the APK for you to assess. I can also supply the designs too for the APK changes and the website backend pages.