We are a small team of developers and our company has long-term projects of Android, iOS, and The Web using AngularJS. We use agile methodologies for the development process, and all our projects are managed via JIRA. We are usually working 7 days a week in US hours. For the version control, we use Bitbucket.
We are looking for an Android developer responsible for the development and maintenance of applications aimed at a vast number of diverse Android devices. Your primary focus will be the development of Android applications and their integration with back-end services. You will be working alongside other engineers and developers working on different layers of the infrastructure. Therefore, commitment to collaborative problem solving, sophisticated design, and creating quality products is essential.
- Translate designs and wireframes into high-quality code. There are developers with over 5 years of experience who will be reviewing every line of code.
- Design, build and maintain high-performance, reusable, and reliable Java code
- Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the application
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Help maintain code quality, organization, and automatization
- Writing Unit Tests for the apps.
- Communicating and participating in the team meetings with other team members to make the apps a success for our clients.
- Writing detailed instructions for the QA Engineers for testing the apps on JIRA.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect Android applications to back-end services
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to design applications around natural user interfaces, such as “touch”
- Familiarity with the use of additional sensors, such as gyroscopes and accelerometers
- Knowledge of the open-source Android ecosystem and the libraries available for common tasks
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Understanding of Google’s Android design principles and interface guidelines
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Familiarity with continuous integration
This is the long term opportunity for someone who is the expert in making Android apps, if you know iOS, PHP and Web Development and Designing as well then that will be great but not required. Also, note that we want to pay 7 USD per hour max initially.
We will choose the developer within next 24 hours of this job posting.