Duties and Responsibilities
The Oracle Database Administrator will coordinate amongst the DBA team, track and report on team activities, provide analysis and troubleshoot escalated issues, report to Program Management and will be a hands-on participant in supporting the following activities:
- Responding to all requests from the Program/Project Manager and other project leads.
- Tracking and assigning trouble tickets
- Backup and Recovery (RMAN)
- Performing daily database monitoring / maintenance reviews.
- Performing database recoveries.
- Leading the development and maintenance of sound database backup and recovery plans.
- Creation and maintenance of Database Backup and Recovery Scripts for automation.
- Installation and Security
- Designing, creating and maintaining high availability secure Oracle Database instances using Oracle Database 12c with RAC on Linux operating system.
Installing, configuring, and managing Oracle 11g and 12c Database(s) following Standard Operating Procedures and Department security policies. Installing new versions of the Oracle RDBMS and Oracle Patch management including applying Oracle Patches and Patch sets on both Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Creating, installing, updating and monitoring database jobs such as performance tuning, backup and recoveries using shell script and windows batch files.
Installing, configuring and managing all necessary Oracle tools such as TOAD, Spotlight, ERWin, ETL and SQL Developer.
- Providing resolutions to the configurations, settings, and customizations that impact availability, performance, and manageability.
- Following standardized security policies and procedures to ensure controls are in place and enforcing appropriately at the team and database environment levels.
Performing comprehensive reviews of database environments and operations; providing thorough documentation of observations and recommendations according to established best practices.
- Upgrading Oracle Database(s), migration of Oracle Database(s) from Windows to Linux, if required.
- Providing on-call support for maintenance and emergencies.
- Performing complex database administration assignments essential to the production and development of Database Management Systems (DBMS) applications.
- Completing assignments which are in direct support of software development and operations teams, which include: database analysis, security support, design, performance monitoring, tuning, and troubleshooting.
- Providing technical support to application development teams.
Assisting the management of the hardware and software as related to the operations of Oracle Database server, including system development, maintenance and configuration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or a related technology field
5 years of experience functioning as Oracle DBA in a mixed 11g and 12c database(s) and
- Windows and Linux along with experience in Oracle RAC, Oracle Replication, Oracle Data Guard and RMAN.
- Strong technical skills with installation, configuration, administration and maintenance of Oracle Database 11g and 12c along with RAC.
- Strong technical skills to support Oracle Database on both Windows and Linux.
- Knowledge SQL Server database(s) is desired.
- Experience in performance tuning of SQL queries, indexes, disk I/O, memory and CPU.
- Ability to write complex scripts and stored procedures and SQL queries, along with other Oracle admin skills.
- Basic familiarity with Active Directory security authentication mechanisms.
- Familiarity with VMware and managing Oracle databases in a virtualized environment.
- Strong Reporting skills preferred.
- Strong documentation skills.
- Ability to organize, prioritize, analyze and verify requirements
- Can plan technology business analysis activities.
- Excellent communication skills as well as prioritize and meet deadlines.
- MS Office skills (Excel, Word) preferred.