Job Title: Windows Systems Administrator
Job Type: Full-time
Department: NA IT Managed Services
Job Code: VAN-78951-Global
Reports To: Director of IT
Start Date: ASAP
We are one of the top Cloud and Manage Services company in BC. Our Main focus is Cloud computing. We also provide IT professional services to our clients including managed services. We are looking for a Windows Systems Administrator who have the following qualification.
- Provide end-user support for computer desktop, and IT Services
- Provide customer focused desktop support for staff using strong interpersonal service skills.
- Maintain hardware and software inventories
- Create document for existing and new applications and update our knowledge base system.
- Support end user computers and maintain servers.
- Report the problems to Director of IT
- Work within a team with another team member
- Escalate the servers issues to Tier III
Qualifications & Skills
- Five years of experience in IT Technical Support
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience working, installing, troubleshooting, maintaining Windows Server 2008, 2012.
- Excellent understanding and experiences with DNS, DHCP, LDAP, Active Directory, Server 2008 and 2012
- Working experiences with Microsoft Exchange 2010, 2013, Microsoft Lync 2010, 2013
- Thorough experience with MS Hyper-V and / or VMware Vsphere and VCenter.
- Deep Knowledge of SAN, MS SQL, MySQL, DirectAccess, Firewalls.
- Knowledge of Scripting (PowerShell and Shell), Automation is mandatory.
- Experiences with Office 365, and / or Amazon Ec2, and / or Azure, and / or SoftLayer is an asset.
- Working Experiences with Microsoft System Center (SCCM, SCOM, SVMM) is an asset
- Having Microsoft Certification/VMware is an asset
Abilities and Capabilities
- Fluency in English written and verbal communications are essential for this position.
- Proven ability to work successfully both independently and as part of a team.
- Professional and friendly service oriented demeanor with co-workers and customers.
- Detailed oriented, highly organized and motivated, able to multi-task and work to deadlines without supervision.
- Excellent customer service skills
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, only those candidates that have been shortlisted will be contacted for further consideration.