Summary of Position: The Technical Project Manager/Integration Support Engineer’s primary responsibility is technical integration and support for our customer base, both directly and indirectly. In this role, you will be responsible for the successful installation, control, support and monitoring of all Dicom Systems technical projects. You will perform configuration, support, administration and clinical user training throughout the customer’s medical imaging enterprise, as well as integration with other information systems across multiple healthcare facilities. Your duties will span a wide variety of customer IT environments, secure hybrid network architecture, including high latency, low bandwidth, complex priority routing management, DICOM, HL7 and IHE cross-enterprise integration.
The Technical Project Manager/Integration Support Engineer provides all direct and indirect support to Dicom Systems customers, including but not limited to cloud storage configuration and management, multi-vendor training on imaging device installation, configuration, management, and service. You will work with internal teams and Healthcare IT/informatics departments at medical facilities, large and small. All work is performed remotely. Technical understanding of DICOM, HL7, databases, Medical Imaging, networking and Healthcare IT in general is required. The Technical Project Manager must must possess superb organizational skills, be detail-oriented and must maintain meticulous documentation. The successful candidate must have solid command of the English language and be an effective communicator, both verbally and in written form. The ability to multitask is also essential for this role.
The primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop proficiency in the company's software solutions, solution methodologies, and core technologies.
- Implement proprietary software to support DICOM, HL7, medical image migrations
- Verify software modifications, changes and enhancements and submitting test results findings to software development
- Maintain and update internal database, outlining all interactions throughout the project lifecycle.
- Create process optimization improvements to enhance the department and its offerings.
- Respond to customer inquiries quickly and maintaining excellent customer service.
- Conduct and/or participate in all teleconference calls
- Monitor, maintain and ensure projects are progressing appropriately.
- Reviewing and analyzing software and hardware needs for upcoming projects
- Developing a comprehensive understanding of all services provided and be prepared to implement at customer facilities
- Maintenance of the monitoring systems for proactive monitoring
- Participate in the help desk and answer support calls, email and provide 24x7 on-call support for the customers.
- Create and implement plans for deploying new hardware systems and VM systems such as VMWARE and HYPER-V. Directly working with software engineers to define and document an application’s deployment process.
- Knowledge of networking protocols (such as TCP/IP).
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills.
- Strong understanding of DICOM, HL7 and PACS
- Excellent understanding of generic networking technology (Hardware and Software)
- Knowledge of computer HW (Drives, memory, CPU, storage)
- Demonstrated problem solving/trouble shooting abilities.
- Must be a team player with the initiative and drive to do whatever it takes to ensure systems are stable and efficient.
- BS in Computer Science or or Biomedical Engineering, or equivalent experience.NAS, RAID configuration ability a plus , MS Certificate Services a plus, not required
- A+ Certification a plus, not required, NET+ Certification a plus, not required
- 5 years experience installing and administering UNIX systems in a 24x7 environment.
- Experience with Linux systems running web based applications.
- Ability to write shell scripts (bash preferred).
This is a great, long term growth opportunity in a highly technical environment. This position provides an educational and career path for the qualified candidate who will garner exceptional credentials in the rapidly expanding field of medical imaging and health information technology.
Salary is dependent upon experience. As certifications are achieved, compensation will increase.