We are seeking individuals with experience in teaching secondary and post secondary school students to offer their services to students in North America (U.S.A and Canada) on our online teaching platform.
Online Platform - our platform allows teachers to offer their services remotely from the comfort of their home, for a fee set by them. Teachers can charge weekly, bi-weekly or monthly as they deem fit.
Delivery method - our platform allows teachers to deliver their services using our 4 tier teaching strategy which is all available online as follows:
1. Videos - Teachers decide on what subject/s they want to teach online and they make short videos that will be uploaded based on various topics and sub-topics of a subject area. For example, a Biology teacher will create a classroom for Biology online, create the grade/class level he/she wants to teach, create the various topics and sub-topics in Biology, and then uploads the videos to their private dashboard. All materials will only be accessible by teacher and can be made available only to the students they choose to give access (in this case a student who has paid).
2. Questions - our online platform is designed in such a way that allows teachers to set up questions based on each video created. Questions can be multiple choice with the ability to specify which option is correct. When students watch the video and attempt the corresponding multiple choice questions, their results will be displayed immediately and will be stored by the system for both the teacher and students to see.
3. Notes - teachers can add notes that speak to the video for students to review. The notes will provide key points that the teacher wants the student to focus on.
4. Assignments - teachers can also give students assignment in line with the video or a group of video to test the students ability and knowledge in a subject, topic or sub-topic. Students can return the assignment after completion to the tutor online
With a combination of videos, questions, notes and assignment done remotely and with the use of Skype and other video conferencing facilities, our platform is able to provide a lot of advantages to both teachers and students.
Advantages of our online platform:
1. Free setup and use of application for 6 months
2. One time set up by teachers, no need to duplicate materials for students in same grade level
3. Teachers get paid by parents of student and teacher can have as many students they want in their classroom. PayPal is advised form of payment depending on teachers location.
4. Teachers get to offer their services remotely from home, no need to rent physical classroom and buy tables, chairs and other teaching equipment's required in a physical classroom. Everything is conveniently done online. You can be in the UK or Australia, and teach students in the USA, Canada or even from other parts of the world.
5. For using our platform, we will advertise services across all social media to parents and students across North America. Parents will be able to browse available teachers and choose the one they want based on subject/s, and agree with teacher on payment fee.
6. To motivate teachers, we will give $50 free to the first 20 teachers that setup their classroom online with materials ready for students to use.
1. Teaching experience for secondary and post secondary school
2. Experience in video creation
3. Computer literate
4. Willingness to develop materials (video, questions, notes, assignments)
only serious teachers should contact us. We would interview teachers and book a session to provide more information as might be necessary, and showcase our new online application.
Richard for NookBoard