Expert native English speaking editor required for book projects.
This job is for multiple projects, but for example a common project will be a 50,000 word transcript, to be edited into a book, completing the following tasks:
- Create section / chapter headings and sub-headings.
- Read and remove any duplicate content.
- Restructure/edit/re-write the paragraphs (in authors 'voice') where required to improve flow.
- Edit the grammar as you go.
- Identify the main points throughout, that will become call-out boxes.
- Identify areas that would benefit from images, graphics, statistics or similar to improve quality of content, and make suggestions for these.
- Edit and write in a conversational tone.
To apply, you must be a native English speaker (Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada, UK) and must be a specialist editor / proofreader / writer... and prefer experience in turning audio/video transcriptions into blog posts / articles / book format.
If this is you, please apply with a few short sentences and provide samples of your work. I will interview applicants over skype, where I will show you the work to be completed.
I pay a fixed rate based on the word count. For a 50,000 word transcript you will be paid $1,400... which is calculated as 40-hours @ $35/hour, so working at 1,250 words per hour. If you work quicker, but achieve a professional result, you earn more per hour.
I'm NOT interested in candidates UNDER-bidding, I will pay this fixed rate for the right experts who can achieve the right result.
For each project, you will have 2-weeks (preferably) to turn this project around, at most 3-4 weeks. I will prefer a contractor who can dedicate the hours to these projects and not juggle a dozen at a time and take 4-6 weeks.
Please begin your reply with the word "MAGNET" so I know you have read this job post properly.