Title: Data Warehouse Business Analyst
Engagement : Long Term (Multi Year)
Data Warehouse Business Analyst including the following:
CANDIDATES WILL BE EVALUATED ON THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- Ability to work with end users/customers to understand and develop requirements
- Ability to facilitate customer requirements gathering meetings/sessions
- Experience with Requirements Traceability
- Analyze project requirements and develop detailed specifications for reporting requirements
- Experience with development of test data and test scenarios
- Experience as a BA in web development applications
Preferred but not Required Skills:
- BA Experience working with the eCAMS MMIS System
- BA Experience in a Data Warehouse project environment
- BA Experience with the Michigan Department of Community Health business areas including Medicaid/Medicare or equivalent Healthcare Industry related project experience
- Experience with JAD and Agile methodologies
- Needs to be able to work independently and not rely on State or other team members
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with programmers, analysts, immediate supervisor, management, system users, operations, other State agencies and the private sector.
- Meet with users for clarification and elaboration as may be necessary to clearly define a problem and conceptualize a development plan.
- Recognize, gather, correlate, and analyze facts, draw conclusions, define problems, and devise solutions and alternatives and make appropriate recommendations.
- Experience working with the Data Modelers and developers, facilitate modification of the logical design to create a physical design most suited to the reporting needs of the customer.
- Ability to design applications taking into consideration data reconciliation, (to the source system) query/reporting performance, and analytical business value.
- Experience with Teradata SQL Assistant
- Experience with Data Cleansing