The key to success in this role is a compliment of strong technical skills, a desire to exceed customer expectations, and a drive to learn new technologies.
This role will work with Agile Project or Release Teams to support development activities. This role is expected to manage and execute all testing related activities including, but not limited to, test planning, test case documentation, test environment set up, test case execution, defect tracking, reporting activities, and testing documentation.
Essential functions include:
• Ability to develop test strategies for new project requirements
• Ability to validate standard operating procedures are being followed
• Ability to design and develop test scripts to validate functionality, performance, and browser compatibility for multiple web applications.
• Ability to modularize tests to create an effective regression suite
• Ability to write manual test cases based on user requirements
• Ability to facilitate User Acceptance testing
• Ability to execute black and white box testing, system testing, and browser compatibility testing
• Ability to create bug reports and troubleshoot issues Requirements for this position:
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/Information Systems, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
• Three to five years experience in testing web based applications on various browsers and mobile devices
• SQL experience is strongly preferred The ideal candidate for this position will have these attributes:
• Understanding of Agile development practices
• Familiarity or experience with automated functional testing tools such as Selenium or Cucumber JVM
• Knowledge of HTML and CSS validation
• Ability and desire to learn quickly and independently
• Strong commitment to software quality
• Proven analytical, critical thinking, and trouble shooting skills
• Solid customer focus, teamwork, innovation, creativity, and relationship building skills
Strong verbal and writing skills
• Effective time management, organization, and communication skills
• Senior resource who will manage the QCE process and ensure standards are being met Will do code reviews